Energy Department Manager - Petersburg Branch
Works with the locations Retail Store Manager while overseeing daily operations of a Freedom Ag & Energy Cooperative, Inc. (FAE) propane business at the retail facility. Plans and directs sales, merchandising, inventory management, production, facility maintenance, and/or business office functions for the energy department. Relies on experience and knowledge of industry best-practices to accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Coordinate with the Retail Store Manager to execute a strategic retail operations plan that aligns customer service, sales and volume building, merchandising, inventory management, budgeting and expense control with FAE business and financial goals. Utilize standard operating procedures (SOP) designed to maximize efficiencies while complying with FAE policy and government regulations.
• Develop a highly effective team. Coach facility team members to drive sales by providing excellent customer service. Implement strategies for achieving sales and/or production goals. Track metrics and regularly update progress. Remove obstacles to efficient performance. Create staff schedules and distribute work assignments to maximize customer service and fulfill business goals. Lead daily team meetings to communicate essential information, modify plans, recognize achievements, and foster a positive and supportive environment.
• Gather data through observations of competitors and/or market performance. Collaborate with corporate and regional counterparts to ensure proper pricing to optimize inventory supply and profits.
• Administer vehicle and equipment maintenance programs, dispatch routes, degree-day systems for fuels, and use of loaned equipment. Order tools and parts for equipment repair. Perform physical inspection, including climbing, crawling, and maneuvering on and around equipment.
• Maintain awareness of industry trends, developments, regulations, and updates to FAE products and services. Utilize a variety of resources, including: professional organizations, seminars, conferences, training courses, self-study, and on-line tools.
• Safeguard facility assets. Maintain an inventory control program to ensure inventory integrity and minimize shrink of merchandise. Monitor a facility security program to protect inventory, equipment, facility and staff in accordance with FAE policy.
• Perform all other job functions as assigned.
Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) years of related experience in propane, petroleum or related industry. Requires a minimum of one (1) year in a leadership role. Prefer previous experience managing daily business operations. Previous Freedom Ag & Energy work experience strongly preferred.
Licensing & Certification: Requires valid Driver's License
Depending upon location, may also require:
Forklift Certification (or ability to obtain)
CDL / hazmat endorsement (or ability to obtain)
Petroleum and/or Propane Certification (or ability to obtain)
CTEP training/ proctor (or ability to obtain)
- Full Time
- 40 hours /week